Thursday, September 27, 2012

Campus Vegan Experiment

I am not a vegan because I don't have the will-power to do that permanently give up cheese, but I fully believe that if make sure you have a balanced diet, veganism allows your body to run so much smoother. I have done cleanses were I was vegan for extended amounts of time and I had so much more energy. Anyway, although I myself am not a vegan I believe that it should be possible to be a healthy vegan on campus without making all your own meals and still have some variety.
so i decided to do an experiment. Become a vegan on campus for a week and see what options the dining locations provide.
So I'm now onto day 3, but here's what I ate days 1 & 2 and I'll post day 3 tonight.
Day 1
Breakfast: oatmeal with syrup, fruit of the day/ honeydew, coffee with chocolate soy 

Lunch: salad with veggies chickpeas and oil and vinegar, vegetable rissotto (which i want to double check that it was really vegan because it didn't seem like it), pineapple. and french fries (I shouldn't have had these but the computer asked me if I wanted them)

Dinner: Flour tortillas all night during work, and chips guacamole and black beans to take home (I'm a server at On The Border)
Day 2:
Accidentally slept late, so just a raw revolution bar for breakfast
Lunch part 1: tabula, veggies and hummus, and this curry rice with asparagus
I didn't like the tabula, so...

Lunch part 2: Vegetable fried rice with brocoli, bean sprouts, water chesnuts, and bamboo strips (I didn't like the bamboo strips, but the rest was really good)

"Desert": Banana and apple with peanut butter

No comments:

Post a Comment